Sunday, February 12, 2006

"Come and Die, And Find That I, May Truly Live"

Easter prep kicks off today... and just running thru some possible songs for the service, God chooses to grace the occasion.. Am not trying at all to hold back tears as I write this one...

As I send my mum off, thankful for the peace and quiet and hopeful for her salvation but understanding how our relationship has so far to go...

As I see the my friends around me struggle, and I struggle myself, with keeping obedience, submission, integrity and purity...

As I prepare to batten the hatches and quietly sit out my 25th valentines...

As I acknowledge my weakness, my sins, the times that I just seem to 'not be enough'...

...I return to the One whom I will spend forever with... and remember the wonderful cross.

The cross that bids me to "come and die, and find that I may truly live"

And I choose to live an authentic life on the bleeding edge of faith, hope and love. Again :)

What a song for the season :)

Oh how everything fades into the background in the light of the cross...

The Wonderful Cross

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all


Humbled, loved, and ready to go it again... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home