Saturday, February 18, 2006

What really matters...?

Mmm... :)

There are so many little things I could blog on as i unload after quite a week...
1) e slightly frustrating office alpha today,
2) the way my first project in the company is shaping up,
3) the failed fishing attempt after work,
4) the nice walk n time of fellowship that the week ended off with,
5) my lost post(!)
6) 'Tim'
7) the squash of time this weekend will probably be because of weddings n BK n such..

..but something stands out in the midst of it all, a song that captures my heart in a way that only God can:

King of my life I crown Thee now
Thine shall the glory be;
Lest I forget Thy thorn-crowned brow,
Lead me to Calvary

Chorus:
Lest I forget Gethsemane,
Lest I forget Thine agony
Lest I forget Thy love for me,
Lead me to Calvary.

Show me the tomb where Thou wast laid,
Tenderly mourned and wept;
Angels in robes of light arrayed
Guarded Thee whilst Thou slept.

Let me like Mary, through the gloom,
Come with a gift to Thee;
Show to me now the empty tomb
Lead me to Calvary.

May I be willing, Lord, to bear
Daily my cross for Thee;
Even Thy cup of grief to share
Thou hast borne all for me.

It is to thee, Lord, that I lift my soul... At the end of the work week, in the quiet of the new day...

...I return to you, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home