Two become one
mm.. strange, think one of my posts were lost hmm.. :)
Praise God for a simple, but wonderful n God led union of C & L yesterday... really warms my heart to see and share the journey.
I guess being involved in the proceedings helped de-mystify weddings somewhat too. Its not really always 100 doves released in unison ala the mastercard advertisement... but it is a beautiful thing nontheless.
Make no mistake, marriage *is* a big deal...
ahh.. should I know? 3 generations in my family and I have yet to see one really work... and who knows if i will eventually stay one or be two?
But you know what, just maybe, if all God says is true, if all the promises are truly yes and amen, if His grace is sufficient, then just maybe... a line has been drawn in the heavenlies.. that this generation will be different.
That even christian marriages would not be perfect is a foregone conclusion, but I choose to believe the Lord who speaks of the cord of 3 strands, whose very Presence costs the Dagons of this world an arm and a leg, who whose arm is long....
...is more than able to bring freedom and abundant life to the ones and twos in this world :)
Praise God for a simple, but wonderful n God led union of C & L yesterday... really warms my heart to see and share the journey.
I guess being involved in the proceedings helped de-mystify weddings somewhat too. Its not really always 100 doves released in unison ala the mastercard advertisement... but it is a beautiful thing nontheless.
Make no mistake, marriage *is* a big deal...
ahh.. should I know? 3 generations in my family and I have yet to see one really work... and who knows if i will eventually stay one or be two?
But you know what, just maybe, if all God says is true, if all the promises are truly yes and amen, if His grace is sufficient, then just maybe... a line has been drawn in the heavenlies.. that this generation will be different.
That even christian marriages would not be perfect is a foregone conclusion, but I choose to believe the Lord who speaks of the cord of 3 strands, whose very Presence costs the Dagons of this world an arm and a leg, who whose arm is long....
...is more than able to bring freedom and abundant life to the ones and twos in this world :)

1 Comments:
hey bro, been having similar thoughts of late too, and yes, if God's promises are yes and amen, our generation WILL be different!
Post a Comment
<< Home