Wednesday, October 11, 2006

*Cough*

...Blogging from home today as Im down with a bad sore throat and feeling feverish. Could be the haze as I was out on saturday, though a couple of my friends have found people blaming so much on the haze that its almost becoming a joke.
(A: my goldfish died!
B: my toenail broke!
C: i lost my wallet!
A,B and C: ...Must be the haze!)

Glad to have a rest though, and I'm sure just sleeping in helped a good deal.

As I've oft patiently explained to my friends, God worked 6 days and rested on the 7th. Well, myself, I'm not God, and so I need more than just one day a week :p

Spent a couple of hours looking through the 1000+ photos from Lausanne, and am once again gripped by hope for the world through God's church. Where else, do Bosnians and Serbians embrace, Pakistanis and Indians share a table, and wildly differing individuals from 7 continents chat together like old friends... where else, but in the church :)

Jolting me back to the real world though, was a ruckus being raised re: my bro's mission trip. Sat in on part of a long conversation between my mum voicing concerns and the MT group leader giving assurances as best she could. I wonder how that will pan out, and how does one make decisions when serving God is biblical, but so is honoring ones' parents? Thats a toughie. A toughie that I expect us both will have to be learning, often, in the days ahead.

Still processing through a few interrelated issues regarding family, church and work, and God is strangely silent. May the new day bring new mercies.

Rested the rest of the day... (hm, "rest of the day", thats an interesting phrase), on medication, feeling better and readying myself to get back to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home