Thursday, November 30, 2006

Grooving Hard


I was chatting with my manager and I think we both feel a little punctured after the adrenaline surrounding last week's event - the adjectives we came up with were "dreary, under the weather, punctured, near-hibernation etc.

This slightly bleah week had its highlight though - Yesterday evening was spent meeting with a few members of soul2soul, the upcoming forerunner artiste, at Timbre! The band isn't at full strength yet - the drummer just passed the audition - and we're rushing to tie down the rehearsal dates, but all of us present were familiar faces, and I'm so looking forward to kicking off this new project to reach the many young adults that are sliding away in the workplace.

God, I'm glad You allowed our paths to cross :) The thought that advancing your work in such a fulfilling (and downright fun) way can't help but bring a smile to my face :)

As one of bro P's church mates remarked - "May the kingdom be multiplied through your "version of discipleship",
which is creative and rockin' cooool :)) Our God is a creative God --
there's definitely more than just one way of spreading the gospel!

Whoo hoo.. yess! :p

:)

Anyways, pubbers we aren't (I ordered my usual cuppa), but its a joy to take in good live music, which often serves as inspiration to develop our programs. On this occasion, EIC was playing, and man, they were grooving hard! Full band setup, using gd ol' miked fenders, marshalls and ampegs, tight drum and bass and fronted by the charismatic rjc-teacher-by-day.

As the night whiled away, the Timbre owner joined them for a jam and played the most killer blues on an acoustic guitar and harmonica I've heard in a long while. A little later, our band manager's friend was invited upstage to take a few keyboard solos which left most of the patrons bobbing to the music. And over the course of the night we enjoyed the innumerable little things that would make the heart of any muso glad - the volumes of silent communication that passed easily among the band members, the full 6 piece outfit grooving in unison, the near-perfect house mix, the personality of each band member shining thru the way they play and the musical moments that gave our ears sheer pleasure.

I like :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home