Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunrise

Yesterday noon, sitting at the usual spot, a thought comes in, that I struggle to hear if it is the Lord or my own imagination... i remember how i shared it once, and yesterday it returns in gd time... hopefully having watered hearers somehow on its journey.

'it is the end of the season, spring is in the air'

Coming to 'How to Hear God's Voice' seminar, i came with some expectation of loud blaring prophesy but was refreshingly struck by the praciticality of it, how friends and strangers ask God in simple faith for words and pictures... and I choose not what I want to hear, but take it all in. And a couple strike so close to home:

Eyes closed, I ask and get a word, (i think im a 'hearer' :) and release a word for a dear brother.. struggling slightly and feeling a little foolish in the process.... he does likewise, im guessing feeling a bit unsure too. Opening our eyes, we both look into each others' red, tear streaked eyes and give an slightly embarassed but thankful chuckle at how God chose to use each other.

God's Word given me for him, I shant share... but His for me was a sunrise... I sense a new day is dawning... truly, the end of the season is near.

Peace is coming back to me in waves, a little, then none for a while, then a little more... then a little less but more than before.. like the rising tide.

As closure comes after quite a journey, im blessed by a word about looking like im wearing Roman soldier armour, with a breastplate of righteousness and helmet of salvation.. and a sword, which is the Word of God. 'A strong soldier'... oh how I scribbled that yearning in books... and to hear it from without rather than within..

On interpreting the words and picture from God too... how obvious that, when we get a picture, and then try to fit it into what we are thinking or guess what it means, we should have instead asked God.

Asking God about recent visions and pictures... reveal another humbling, but painful truth.

More words... on music... humility... ministry... hearing from You. Truly Dad... you are good. Im sorry I ever doubted.

As the 2 days draw to a close, the final session is on obedience and commitment. My ears and spirit perk up, and I rise for the altar call. With shaking hands, I make commitments to the One whom I trust. It will be obedience... whatever that may be.

Broken, changed, and forever thankful. God's peace and rest finally come... and I know the path I need to walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home