When God Ran
Dad...
Thanks Dad.
I don't know how any God can pour out so much love so often to someone who craves it so much. It just keeps happening.. and it is so humbling... blows the mind.
And here on monday morning i sit in my office, soul at rest, soul satisfied once again.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you. - Ps 63:5
A couple of nights of ranting.. feeling the depths of the soul... and the next sunday barely had the service started when God shakes my conciousness by saying that which I secretyly long to hear but dare not believe: 'Go ahead and step into your destiny'.
With a heart strangely warmed I sat through the service, and then the altar call comes...
After years in church, Im no longer going up just for the sake of if, to feel the next emotional high.. but I go in honest response to the heart of God reaching out to mine... and today, the heart of the Almighty reached down to touch mine once again... :)
When i walked forward, i was met by dear elder R, n we just cried as our eyes met... after a few moments we embraced and the Word came forth. From behind tears and faltering lips, God whispered His Song of Love:
I belong to my lover,
and his desire is for me.
Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside,
let us spend the night in the villages.
Let us go early to the vineyards
to see if the vines have budded,
if their blossoms have opened,
and if the pomegranates are in bloom—
there I will give you my love.
Songs, 7:10-12
Does that do something to your heart? If mine came broken, this just sort of melted the remains... :)
When one sits next to the King, one gets a God's eye-view. From there... God is near, God is big, and life comes into perspective once again:
'wook there Daddy, itty bitty devil, itty bitty problems'
Thank you so much Dad... really needed that.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
Ps 63:6-8
When God Ran
Almighty God, the great I am
Immovable rock, omnipotent, powerful, awesome Lord
Victorious warrior, commanding King of Kings
Mighty conqueror, and the only time
the only time I ever saw Him run
CHORUS:
Was when He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said,
“Son do you know I still love you?”
He caught me by surprise when God ran
The day I left home I knew I’d broken His heart
And I wondered then if things could ever be the same
Then one night I remembered His love for me
And down that dusty road ahead I could see
It was the only time – it was the only time I ever saw Him run
And then He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said,
“Son do you know I still love you?”
He caught me by surprise as He brought me to my knees
When God ran – I saw Him run to me
BRIDGE:
I was so ashamed, all alone and so far away
But now I know He’s been waiting for this day
I saw Him run to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice I felt His love for me again
He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said, “Son”, He called me Son
He said, “Son do you know I still love you?”
He ran to me and then I ran to Him
When God ran
Thanks Dad.
I don't know how any God can pour out so much love so often to someone who craves it so much. It just keeps happening.. and it is so humbling... blows the mind.
And here on monday morning i sit in my office, soul at rest, soul satisfied once again.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you. - Ps 63:5
A couple of nights of ranting.. feeling the depths of the soul... and the next sunday barely had the service started when God shakes my conciousness by saying that which I secretyly long to hear but dare not believe: 'Go ahead and step into your destiny'.
With a heart strangely warmed I sat through the service, and then the altar call comes...
After years in church, Im no longer going up just for the sake of if, to feel the next emotional high.. but I go in honest response to the heart of God reaching out to mine... and today, the heart of the Almighty reached down to touch mine once again... :)
When i walked forward, i was met by dear elder R, n we just cried as our eyes met... after a few moments we embraced and the Word came forth. From behind tears and faltering lips, God whispered His Song of Love:
I belong to my lover,
and his desire is for me.
Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside,
let us spend the night in the villages.
Let us go early to the vineyards
to see if the vines have budded,
if their blossoms have opened,
and if the pomegranates are in bloom—
there I will give you my love.
Songs, 7:10-12
Does that do something to your heart? If mine came broken, this just sort of melted the remains... :)
When one sits next to the King, one gets a God's eye-view. From there... God is near, God is big, and life comes into perspective once again:
'wook there Daddy, itty bitty devil, itty bitty problems'
Thank you so much Dad... really needed that.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
Ps 63:6-8
When God Ran
Almighty God, the great I am
Immovable rock, omnipotent, powerful, awesome Lord
Victorious warrior, commanding King of Kings
Mighty conqueror, and the only time
the only time I ever saw Him run
CHORUS:
Was when He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said,
“Son do you know I still love you?”
He caught me by surprise when God ran
The day I left home I knew I’d broken His heart
And I wondered then if things could ever be the same
Then one night I remembered His love for me
And down that dusty road ahead I could see
It was the only time – it was the only time I ever saw Him run
And then He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said,
“Son do you know I still love you?”
He caught me by surprise as He brought me to my knees
When God ran – I saw Him run to me
BRIDGE:
I was so ashamed, all alone and so far away
But now I know He’s been waiting for this day
I saw Him run to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice I felt His love for me again
He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said, “Son”, He called me Son
He said, “Son do you know I still love you?”
He ran to me and then I ran to Him
When God ran

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home