Identity Christ-Is
21 Jul, Divine Exchange.
Yes, today is the 24th. But strange how apt and timely this is today... perhaps God felt it best to leave it till now...?
"Young men and women, what do you base your identity on? Are you willing to let go of that in exchange for a new identity from God your Heaveny Father?..."
"the same way He transformed the young and impulsive Moses into a longsuffering leader after His own heart...Are you ready for the divine transaction?"
Man... not too long ago, i guess i would have went 'amen, Lord!'. But now... if the stuff that life is dragging me through is an answered prayer, then its a bit too serious and too painful to be joked about.
Think I was this close to backsliding and turning away from God... even death was on my mind. Sort of the mental equivalent of 'the perfect storm'...
But u know what.. He will not give us more than we can take.
So... the answer will still have to be "amen."
Pray Rev 3:17-18
17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
And on cue.. rostered for yesterday's worship, planned weeks before.. for the first time in months:
Light The Fire Again
Brian Doerksen
Don't let my love grow cold
I'm calling out, light the fire again
Don't let my vision die
I'm calling out, light the fire again
You know my heart, my deeds
I'm calling out, light the fire again
I need Your discipline
I'm calling out, light the fire again
I am here to buy gold refined in the fire
Naked and poor, wretched and blind I come
Clothe me in white
So I won't be ashamed
Lord, light the fire again
Shall continue to delve into this one... light is starting to shine, but its not over yet.
If someone has been praying while ive long since run out of words, thanks... lots.
Yes, today is the 24th. But strange how apt and timely this is today... perhaps God felt it best to leave it till now...?
"Young men and women, what do you base your identity on? Are you willing to let go of that in exchange for a new identity from God your Heaveny Father?..."
"the same way He transformed the young and impulsive Moses into a longsuffering leader after His own heart...Are you ready for the divine transaction?"
Man... not too long ago, i guess i would have went 'amen, Lord!'. But now... if the stuff that life is dragging me through is an answered prayer, then its a bit too serious and too painful to be joked about.
Think I was this close to backsliding and turning away from God... even death was on my mind. Sort of the mental equivalent of 'the perfect storm'...
But u know what.. He will not give us more than we can take.
So... the answer will still have to be "amen."
Pray Rev 3:17-18
17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
And on cue.. rostered for yesterday's worship, planned weeks before.. for the first time in months:
Light The Fire Again
Brian Doerksen
Don't let my love grow cold
I'm calling out, light the fire again
Don't let my vision die
I'm calling out, light the fire again
You know my heart, my deeds
I'm calling out, light the fire again
I need Your discipline
I'm calling out, light the fire again
I am here to buy gold refined in the fire
Naked and poor, wretched and blind I come
Clothe me in white
So I won't be ashamed
Lord, light the fire again
Shall continue to delve into this one... light is starting to shine, but its not over yet.
If someone has been praying while ive long since run out of words, thanks... lots.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home