Rhema
wow... i missed this one..
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family (or whom all fatherhood) in heaven and on earth derives its name." - Eph 3:15
Listened in on JA and DC talking about logos and rhema, of taking God's Word in context, and how rhema is but the spoken word. A timely reminder, as there is such a danger of plucking a verse and extrapolating it all out of context and running amok with it.
Of course, God speaks through the timely rhema Word, but even then, it is in biblical context. I guess we have been guilty of being logos lite and overweight on rhema... hm, definitely something to watch out for.
Lord, You're not a vending machine that 'dispenses' words as and when we want them, and I don't want to go there.
So how does Rhema come?
27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. - John 10:27
Hmm... no easy answer, but gg up for prayer today, elder R allowed me to reaffirm my confession of faith and prayed two really badly needed words. Bullseye.
And wondering out loud and waiting on God after church today, a thought jumped into my head:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love"
Mm..... :)
BG-ed it, and this wonderful verse came from:
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jer 31:3
Thanks Dad :)
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family (or whom all fatherhood) in heaven and on earth derives its name." - Eph 3:15
Listened in on JA and DC talking about logos and rhema, of taking God's Word in context, and how rhema is but the spoken word. A timely reminder, as there is such a danger of plucking a verse and extrapolating it all out of context and running amok with it.
Of course, God speaks through the timely rhema Word, but even then, it is in biblical context. I guess we have been guilty of being logos lite and overweight on rhema... hm, definitely something to watch out for.
Lord, You're not a vending machine that 'dispenses' words as and when we want them, and I don't want to go there.
So how does Rhema come?
27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. - John 10:27
Hmm... no easy answer, but gg up for prayer today, elder R allowed me to reaffirm my confession of faith and prayed two really badly needed words. Bullseye.
And wondering out loud and waiting on God after church today, a thought jumped into my head:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love"
Mm..... :)
BG-ed it, and this wonderful verse came from:
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jer 31:3
Thanks Dad :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home