Run the race
God-thoughts just bouncing around my head...
then, I... almost.. saw it. It seemed so real....
The vision.
Who would have guessed.. the only free day this week, I take a jog down the well worn path where the story of this blog started some 8 years ago.
Winding down (more like winded actually) on the way back down the stretch, a prompting says 'run'. I obey and start running...
Scant a second or two passed when I hear a familiar voice... on my right. Its a friend, urging me on... over the next few seconds i hear her speak and encourage, sometimes running alongside, sometimes pushing from behind. On my left, is none other than Jesus... above, the Holy Spirit as a dove. As the seconds pass there is a point that I hold her and tug her along as I run. I laugh and cry in the moment. The Holy Spirits' wings are huge, not the little birds you see in frangipani trees. There is something falling from its wings that envelopes us as we run. Near the end, at the intersection to the road, she helps me finish well... before me there is a sign, and i turn a bend.
I turn left, and the world is the world again. A few steps later I fall to my knees... and bow down.
Then...mm..
well... I come back for dinner. :)
What a picture of this season. Thank you sister.
Sitting down to blog, I instinctively click on msn and two nicks stare me down:
...see it my way
...If life's about making choices, then I better make sure what I choose leads me to where I'm supposed to be.
then, I... almost.. saw it. It seemed so real....
The vision.
Who would have guessed.. the only free day this week, I take a jog down the well worn path where the story of this blog started some 8 years ago.
Winding down (more like winded actually) on the way back down the stretch, a prompting says 'run'. I obey and start running...
Scant a second or two passed when I hear a familiar voice... on my right. Its a friend, urging me on... over the next few seconds i hear her speak and encourage, sometimes running alongside, sometimes pushing from behind. On my left, is none other than Jesus... above, the Holy Spirit as a dove. As the seconds pass there is a point that I hold her and tug her along as I run. I laugh and cry in the moment. The Holy Spirits' wings are huge, not the little birds you see in frangipani trees. There is something falling from its wings that envelopes us as we run. Near the end, at the intersection to the road, she helps me finish well... before me there is a sign, and i turn a bend.
I turn left, and the world is the world again. A few steps later I fall to my knees... and bow down.
Then...mm..
well... I come back for dinner. :)
What a picture of this season. Thank you sister.
Sitting down to blog, I instinctively click on msn and two nicks stare me down:
...see it my way
...If life's about making choices, then I better make sure what I choose leads me to where I'm supposed to be.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home